Volunteer Application Form
Please complete and send the form below
Volunteers must be at least 16 years of age. All volunteers 18 and over must pass a background check and cannot have any felony charges. We request volunteers work a minimum of a 2-hour weekly shift. RISE hours are Monday through Friday, with our biggest volunteer need in the mornings and early afternoons.
* fields marked with this asterisk are required.
AUTHORIZATION AND AGREEMENT BY APPLICANT:
- I certify that the facts set for in this volunteer application are true and complete to the best of my knowledge. I understand that any false statement, omission or misrepresentation in my application or placement interview may result in the rejection of my application or discharge from the volunteer program.
- I consent to having RISE Therapeutic Equestrian Center ‐ Home of RISE Rehab complete a criminal background check prior to volunteering.
- I agree to complete a drug screening and TB screening requirements relevant to the position for which I am applying.
RISE Therapeutic Equestrian Center ‐ Home of RISE Rehab recognizes the costs to society and to individuals from drug and alcohol use. The Center maintains a firm commitment to strive to provide reliable service to its clients and a safe and healthy work environment for its interns/volunteers. While the vast majority of interns/volunteers are not involved with alcohol abuse or illegal drugs, those who are can have an adverse impact on the workplace, as well as their own job performance. To meet our obligations, and to comply with our obligation under the Drug Free Workplace Act of 1988, the following policy has been adopted and will be enforced:
- The Center prohibits the unlawful use, sale, possession, manufacture, distribution, or being under the influence of alcohol, drugs or any controlled substance, on Center property, in the presence of Center clients, while on duty, during rest periods and break periods, while operating a Center vehicle or attending a Center‐sponsored event.
- Interns/Volunteers who violate this prohibition will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination. Nothing in this policy restricts the Center’s right to terminate an intern/volunteer at any time, with or without notice, for any reason not expressly prohibited by law.
- The center retains the right to require any intern/volunteer to report for drug and/or alcohol testing for reasonable suspicion or following an accident in which
there is injury to persons or damage to property.
- Interns/volunteers must abide by the terms of this statement and must notify the employer of any criminal drug conviction within five days of the conviction if workplace conduct is involved.
- New interns/volunteers will be required to report for drug testing after a placement offer has been made but before reporting for the assignment. I have read and understand the Drug Free Workplace Compliance Statement. I agree to comply with the RISE Therapeutic Equestrian Center ‐ Home of RISE Rehab’s Drug and Alcohol Policy. I understand that any offer of placement with the Center may be contingent upon the successful completion of drug testing before beginning assignment, and I consent to testing according to RISE Therapeutic Equestrian Center ‐ Home of RISE Rehab policy.
Confidentiality and Social Media Policy – I understand that all information, both written and verbal, regarding participation at RISE Therapeutic Equestrian Center ~ Home of RISE Rehab, and confidential business matters shall be held in strictest confidence at all times except as needed with the facilitation for therapy and/or business purposes. I understand that a breach of confidentiality is grounds for dismissal and may also result in legal prosecution.
Social Media Policy – RISE Therapeutic Equestrian Center ~ Home of RISE Rehab controls what is posted on the RISE Therapeutic Equestrian Center ~ Home of RISE Rehab Facebook and other RISE Rehab media outlets. Only those who signed Photo Releases may have photographs posted. Participant and families are asked verbal permission prior to posting. No participant names are posted. If taking pictures/videos for personal use, respect the privacy of other riders by not posting photo/videos on social media that includes other participants.
- In the event of an emergency, I authorize RISE Therapeutic Equestrian Center to secure and retain medical treatment and transport if needed.
- This authorization includes x-ray, surgery, hospitalization, and any treatment deemed “life saving” by the physician. This provision will only be invoked if the emergency contacts are unable to be reached.
- This authorization includes the release of participant records upon request to the authorized individual or agency involved in the medical emergency treatment at my expense.
- I hold RISE Therapeutic Equestrian Center harmless for any expense incurred in my interests.
- I would like to participate in the RISE Therapeutic Equestrian Center program located at 23165 Bate Cave Road, San Antonio, Texas. I acknowledge the risks and potential for risks of being around horses. However, I feel the possible benefits to myself/son/daughter/ward are greater than the risk assumed.
- I hereby, intending to be legally bound, for myself, my heirs and assigns, executors or administrators, waive and release forever all claims for damages against RISE Therapeutic Equestrian Center, Instructor, Therapists, Volunteers, Leaders, Horse Owners, and/or Employees for any and all injuries and/or losses I/my son/daughter/ward may sustain while participating in the RISE Rehabilitation program. Under Texas law Chapter 87, Civil Practice and Remedies Code, an equine professional is not liable for an injury to or death of a participant in equine activities resulting from the inherent risks of equine activity.
- I also hereby consent to and authorize the use and reproduction by RISE Therapeutic Equestrian Center of any and all photographs and any other audiovisual materials taken of me/my son/daughter/ward for the promotional printed material, educational activities or for any other use for the benefit of the program.